Tuition Assistance Form
Check your smart transcript
Read the TA agreement at the back of the Tuition Assistance Form, sign it and bring the completed NETPDTC 1560/3 to the nearest Marine Corps Education & Career Services Center for processing. Faxing or emailing as an attachment is also acceptable.
- STEP 1 - Attend College 101 (TA Brief).
- STEP 2 - Submit your TA request form to the Education & Career Services Center prior to the start of class or TA will not fund your course.
- STEP 3 - Turn in your TA authorization form to your school.
- STEP 4 - Attend your classes and submit your final grade to Pensacola. (Do not rely on the school to do this for you)
When you are filling out your tuition assistance request form, there are some important areas that must be completed. Remember we can accept this form up to 60 days before the term begins, but no later than the day before the term begins. A sample TA form is on the next page.
- ON BASE - For schools physically located aboard military bases.
- OFF BASE - For schools located out in town.
Any program offered through VHS, CD-ROM, Internet, paper-based, or a combination of these formats.
If you are taking one course by distance learning and another in the classroom, you must submit two separate TA forms, even if both courses are with the same school.
- TERM START / END DATE: YY/MM/DD
Dates when the term begins/ends.
- COURSE DEPT/NUMBER
Course dept and number is the abbreviation of the course title. Some examples are ENG 100, HIST 1302, or MATH 50.
- COURSE TITLE
This is the full name of the course you are taking. Some examples are English Composition, US History from Reconstruction to present, or Beginning Algebra.
- COURSE LEVEL
If you are taking first or second year courses, you will put an L for lower division course work. If you are taking a third or fourth year course, you will put a U for upper division work. Graduate students will put a G for graduate. For vocational programs put V.
- NUMBER OF CREDITS/HOURS
Fill this out if it is a 3, 4.5 or 5 unit course.
- TYPE OF CREDITS/HOURS
Most of the schools locally are S or semester hours. If your school is on a quarter hour, please put a Q. For most vocational courses, put C. If you have questions, please contact the school.
- COST PER CREDIT/ HOUR
Check with the College Academic Advisor for the cost per credit hour.
- TOTAL COST COURSE
Multiply the number of credit unit by the cost per credit to receive the total cost.
- COMMANDING OFFICER SIGNATURE
Be sure to have your CO, OIC, XO, ESO, or NCOIC sign and put date at the bottom. Be sure they write their rank and branch of service. Also anyone who has by direction authority can sign but be sure they write by direction on the form after their name and rank.
Pull up and print out your final grade from the school’s website.
Fax your grades to -
Make sure that it is a grade report from the school, and it contains the following information:
- Name of the school
- Your full name
- Course number
- Course title
- Class dates
- Final grade
- TA Document number(s) (example: MHE20070XXXX)
You will also need to turn in a separate set of grades to your admin section for unit diary to receive promotion points. You may have to fax your grades more than once before they are posted. Please make sure that you indicate which grade(s) need to be entered.
Grades are the responsibility of the student. Keep in mind this is your money.
To verify your grades have been received by Pensacola (TA) check your SMART transcript. The most recent grades can be found on the last page.
If you are checking to see if your admin section has entered grades please check your Marine Online (MOL)account.
The Education & Career Services Center does not have the ability to enter information into your Marine Online Account .
You should receive a letter stating that you owe grades/money for your class(es).
Your CO should receive a letter stating that you owe grades/money for your class(es).
90 + DAYS
Pensacola will send a request for a pay checkage to Disbursing to collect moneys owed.
You are ineligible for TA until you turn in a passing grade or repay Pensacola for the class(es) that you did not complete or failed.
If you have failed, withdrawn or received an incomplete grade, indicating that a passing grade was not turned in within 6 months of the course ending, you will have to repay Pensacola with a cashiers check or a money order.
MAIL PAYMENTS TO -
Commanding Officer NETPDTC TA Accounting N8115
6490 Saufley field Road
Pensacola, FL 32509-5241
TA can help pay for your education. TA is available to assist active duty military personnel in paying for High School completion, Vocational Certificates, Associate, Bachelor, Master and Doctorate Degrees.
– The following cost/funding amounts are subject to change, always verify prior to submitting your TA form. TA currently pays Marines up to $4500 per Fiscal Year (FY), or $250 per semester hour or credit hour, $166.67 per Quarter Hour, or $16.67 per clock hour.
TA does not pay for books, computers, or other tangible materials.
First time TA users are required to attend the College 101 workshop. TA regulations are explained to all first time users at this workshop and attendance is mandatory. The workshop is held at 0800 Wednesdays at the Education & Career Services Center, Building 14, classroom. First time users must also have a GT score of 100 or better or pass the Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE) with score of 10.2 or better.
Commissioned Officers incur a two year obligation upon completion of a class.
Applications must be submitted to the Education & Career Services Center before the start date of the course.
- Turn the TA authorization into the school.
- Pay any cost difference between the authorized amount and actual tuition cost.
- Report any changes, after TA is approved, to the Education & Career Services Center immediately.
- Reimburse the government for any failing grades or course that remains incomplete for more than 6 months.
- Provide proof and a letter from your CO, for any duty related withdrawal.
- Provide, to NETPDTC, proof of a passing grade within 30 days of course completion.
- Receive a SOCMAR or written degree plan upon completion of 12 semester hours, or the equivalent.
- Reimburse TA for any over payment of tuition.
- Provide the Education & Career Services Center and Admin a copy of the degree or certificate upon completion.
- Marines must maintain an undergraduate GPA of at least 2.0 or Graduate GPA of 3.0
• Tuition Assistance Form(PDF)
• Check your SMART Transcript
Building 111 across from the gas station.
Monday - Friday
0730 - 1600
Education Services Officer
619-524-8158 or 619-524-8280
Education & Career Specialist
619-524-1275 or 619-524-6865
Career Resource Specialist
619-524-1283 or 619-524-8440